March 3, 2015
Is Anyone Listening? Do My Prayers Really Change Anything?
While filming a documentary about sex trafficking, Jared and Michelle Brock felt a deep need for prayer in their personal lives. In an effort to learn more about prayer, the couple traveled the globe, exploring the great Judeo-Christian prayer traditions: in mountains and monasteries, in Christian communities and cathedrals, standing up and lying down, every hour and around the clock.
Follow Jared on a 37,000-mile trip around the world as he . . .
- Dances with Hasidic Jews in Brooklyn
- Discovers the 330-year-old home of Brother Lawrence
- Plants prayer bombs in North Korea
- Burns his clothes at the end of the world
- Attends the world’s largest church
- Attempts fire walking (with only minor burns)
Although up to 90% of us pray, very few of us feel like we’ve mastered prayer. A Year of Living Prayerfully is a fascinating, humorous, globe-trotting exploration of prayer that will help you grow your own prayer life. Jared’s witty reflections on his fast-paced journey will both entertain and inspire you to think about your own prayer journey.